Tom Ford Perfume Collection

 Is it a collection? Can I really call 5 perfumes a ‘collection’? Well, yes, I am. There may only be 5 at the minute but I’m definitely going to be expanding as soon as I can. For someone who is a lover of heady, spicy, masculine scents, As soon as I read about TF fragrances, I just knew they were for me and I marched down to my nearest counter as soon as I could.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how gorgeous each and every bottle is? There’s something wonderful about picking up one of these and spritzing yourself before heading out the door. They just ooze luxury.

My love affair will Tom Ford fragrances started back in 2010, I was home from uni for the summer and kept seeing people vlog/blog about this one scent, in a wonderful all black bottle. Reading up on the notes, I knew this would be right up my street.
Black Orchid is the little beauty I’m talking about. Once at the counter in Fenwick, I sprayed it on myself and I was definitely expecting me to throw my bankcard to the girl behind the counter as soon as possible, but this was not the case. I was disappointed; this was supposed to be my Holy Grail. I headed off without the perfume, majorly disappointed and carried on my day shopping. Every so often I got a whiff of something unusual. It wasn’t bad it was interesting. Long story short; the more I could smell this perfume the more in love with it I became. I went straight back to the TF counter and made my purchase.
It’s not even like I hate the first initial spray, I’m actually in love with every single part of this perfume, I think the reason I wasn’t sure at first was because I had never smelt anything like that before. I’m happy to say it is now definitely my Holy Grail and I’m never without a bottle in my perfume collection (which is currently at 50+ perfumes and stupidly growing)
Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP 30ml
The second fragrance I purchased was one I had been lusting over ever since I tried it out on the counter, the day I bought Black Orchid and is probably the one I get the most compliments off. This is Tobacco Vanille from the Private Blend Collection. It’s an absolutely gorgeous fragrance and a one I would say is much more wearable for a lot more people than Black Orchid. Of course at £150 for 50ml, this little baby isn’t cheap and I do try and just keep it for special occasions but I have been guilty of wearing this for work.
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille EDP 50ml

Next up is Violet Blonde, I had no intentions of buying this. It certainly wasn’t one I found myself reaching for whenever I passed the counter, but one day I decided to try it out and I was pleasantly surprised, it was, what I would call a fresh take on the typical TF fragrance. It’s definitely more feminine that the others and has a powdery smell to it. - Don’t let that put you off! As much as I love this scent, it’s one that I sometimes find myself forgetting about, but when I do go back to it I am reminded just how wonderful it is.
Tom Ford Violet Blonde EDP 30ml

Here we have another from the Private Blend collection in a hefty 100ml bottle! Noir de Noir is simply gorgeous. To me, it is a mix of Black Orchid and Tobacco Vanille. This perfume, like all TF perfumes, packs a punch! I love wearing this when the weather is colder, but again, I’m not one that just wears a certain perfume at specific times of the year.
Tom Ford Noir De Noir EDP 100ml

Finally, my most recent purchase was Velvet Orchid. How could I not like this? I knew it was going to be similar to Black Orchid, therefore I was gonna love it and needed it in my collection. The bottle is exactly the same to the Black Orchid bottle but in a dark purple bottle instead of the black/brown Black Orchid bottle. This is like the younger sister to Black Orchid, it’s definitely a lot sweeter, but you can still tell it’s a TF fragrance, sometimes people even ask me if I’m wearing Black Orchid when I wear this because the dry down is pretty similar, just a bit more sweet and powdery.
Tom Ford Velvet Orchid EDP 100ml

I’m not going to go too much into the notes of each perfume, if you’d be interested in separate reviews for each one the just let me know!

Can anyone recommend which one I should try out next?
Do you own any Tom Ford fragrances?




No comments:

Post a Comment