River Island Paris By Night EDT review


With notes of guava, sandalwood milk, praline and vanilla I knew this was my type of fragrance. As soon as I could, I headed to my nearest River Island store to investigate further. Let me tell you I wasn’t disappointed, in fact, I was mega impressed. At first spray, unlike a lot of lower priced perfumes, this didn’t have that typical hairspray/alcohol smell to it, it was simply divine. So, not only is the dry down simply amazing, from start to finish this is gorgeous.

I knew this reminded me of something but I just couldn’t put my finger on it. What was that smell? Then, it was in the car on the way home, I knew what it was… Armani Code. To me this is extremely similar, that sexy, rich, dreamy scent to it. I couldn’t believe I had found a dupe for one of my favorites (it’s definitely okay to have like, 10 favorites, right?).

River Island Paris By Night EDT 75ml - £12

Even the packaging isn’t a let down, it doesn’t look tacky or cheap, at all. The black bottle gives it that luxurious feel (Hello Tom Ford fragrances!). The box itself is even the same style as the TF Private Blend fragrances.

This is an absolute steal at £12 for 75ml, or £10 for 30ml. Definitely worth paying that £2 more for a much bigger bottle. Although this is an EDT, it still lasts fairly well, a good few hours, but for £12 you don’t mind having to top up a little bit more. I wore this for work today and received a lot of compliments. One of my coworkers even asked if I had that “tobacco perfume” on, meaning Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille. With some similar notes, I can see where she’s coming from. You seriously need to give this fragrance a try!


What type of fragrances do you normally go for?






1 comment:

  1. Really nice fragrance i purchased myself when it was still available. It is still one of my favourites. The smell is so intoxicating. Unfortunately its now discontinued. Such a shame. Great post!

    ReplyDelete