Top 5 Nude Lip Shades


Now, it’s only recently that I have started to wear, and actually enjoy a nude lip. Whether it be bright pinks or a dark purples I’ve always been more of a bold lip kinda gal. I have to admit it’s probably down to all the hype around the KJ lip trend that got me hooked with the ‘M.L.B.B’ shades/90s lip.


For someone who owns over 100 lipsticks, I’m gonna narrow this down to my favorite five nude shades. Some are more pink tones while others lean more toward brown. One thing I have to say is, I HAVE to wear a lip pencil of some sort with any nude-y colour, just so my lips have more definition and I’m not washed out with certain shades. A good lip liner can enhance a look massively and I’d always recommend using one with your lipsticks.




These are in no particular order; I found it difficult enough picking only 5, never mind ranking them! First up is a beauty from Tom Ford. When you hear that name, you know this is going to be something special. To me, Tom Ford can do no wrong. This is Pink Dusk, a light natural pink colour, it compliments my skin tone perfectly and it’s such an easy shade to wear. Like all TF lipsticks the formula is A-MAZING, creamy and moisturising but also lasts a good while on the lips. I will wear this with MAC’s Whirl lip pencil, using a light hand to apply the pencil, then reapply a little bit more over the lipstick to blend it all in. This lipstick costs £37, which is pretty steep, but I’ve found that Rimmel’s Kate Moss lipstick in Shade 03 is quite a good match!
Tom Ford - Pink Dusk

MAC’s Kinda Sexy was a lipstick that I hadn’t heard much about but I was looking for shades similar to Velvet Teddy, since that was always out of stock. Once this arrived I was pleasantly surprised. This is one nude shade I am able to wear without any lip pencil, although I still choose to do so. Once Velvet Teddy was in stock I ordered it straight away and couldn’t wait for it to arrive. Upon it arriving, I can now say that, Kinda Sexy is definitely more wearable for me due to there being more pink tones within it than Velvet Teddy. Of course with this being a matte formula it lasts forever!
MAC - Kinda Sexy

Next up we have Lime Crime’s Velvetine in Cashmere. There was loads of hype around this shade on the Internet; it’s the perfect greige shade. I waited ages for this to arrive from America but it was worth it. I can’t rember the exact price I paid but I think it may have been somewhere around the £15-£20 mark. As much as I love this shade and this formula in general, I wouldn’t order from Lime Crime again. (You can read up about all that on the Internet if you give it a quick search)

The formula is beautiful, though, not sticky at all and literally lasts all day for me. I will admit, when I first got this I was slightly disappointed as I found it didn’t really suite me much… That was until I started to apply a lip liner. Firstly I used a mega bargain brown-y shade liner from POUNDLAND (of all places), then I bought MAC’s Stone lip pencil and together these products create something magical! I get so many compliments when wearing this combination from people at work as well as people on beauty counters (Urban Decay/Benefit/Smashbox) I’m a little sad that I’m running low on Cashmere and need to find an alternative soon! 
Lime Crime - Cashmere

Here’s Urban Decays lipstick in the shade Rush. I bought this unexpectedly whilst browsing the UD counter. This was my first UD lipstick and I was impressed at first swipe. It’s quite hydrating and very opaque, and they’re not uncomfortable to wear. I also bought the matching lip pencil, which I wear with this lipstick. I can’t say I’m the biggest UD lip pencil fan as I find them a bit smudgy, but I do only own this one shade and I will probably still try out more. Rush is pretty similar to Kinda Sexy, but not a matte formula and a little more pink/mauve in colour.
Urban Decay - Rush

Lastly, here is the cheapest one in my top 5; this definitely does not mean it’s my least favourite of the lot. This is Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Matte in the shade Don't Pink Of It!. I have found these to be the best liquid lipsticks available on the high street. As much as I love the formula of Velvetines, these are a little better, which is a surprise for an affordable product. They’re smooth and creamy to apply and not the slightest bit sticky and after around 30 seconds I literally forget it’s on my lips. Again, like the other liquid lipstick I mentioned, this last agggges. It’s a light natural pink/mauve colour and again, I wear this with either Whirl lip pencil or Rush.
Bourjois - Don't Pink Of It!

Anyone know any products similar to Lime Crimes Cashmere? I'm desperate for a replacement!






No comments:

Post a Comment